Thursday 7 June 2007

The flight to anxiety

Trying to think what I've done and where I've been in the last few days, been so busy the days have flown by. I worked on Saturday, final football tournament on Sunday in the pouring rain, in fact torrential! Boys did really well we were all very proud mums, proud wet mums. Usual swimming lessons on Monday after school.

Ah yes and then there was the doctors on Tuesday, we have 2 weeks until our holiday and I have this slight irrational anxiety over being 35,000 ft in the air, most people have problems with their ears on landing I have problems with my sinus's but only on the left side. It begins with a slight pain which moves across the top of my eyebrow and gradually towards the bridge of my nose, at this point the pressure on the eyeball becomes unbearable and feels like it's going to burst! Apparently the more anxious you are the more mucus you make and therefore the more pain you get, so it's a viscious circle, I worry about the pain, more mucus, more pain, together with the added fear that the plane may for no apparent reason fall out of the sky. I have done some research which confirms planes can glide, but I'm not convinced and get slightly more worried when I see a fat family (no offence intended I am in an irrational state at that point) and wonder if the airline has allowed for the extra weight. The answer: 2mg of diazepam, helps to relax the body and the anxiety goes, so that's me sorted. Doctor also gave me a nasal spray to use, plus tablets to delay 'that time of the month thingy' cost me a fortune at the chemist.

I am so disorganised, people keep saying 'oh are you all packed' I don't even have any holiday clothes yet, we have not been abroad for 5.5 years, I work all summer with the school uniforms so I don't seem to have any summer clothes. I have window shopped so hopefully this weekend will kit myself out and I know where I'm going and what I'm buying.

I wonder if it's just me, but I have this need to give new clothes a quick wash through before we go, I don't do it with clothes normally but I like to do it with new holiday clothes, which of course results in more washing and ironing and hubby giving it 'oh for f*** sake, what next' !! the reason, it takes the new smell away and makes sure nothing is itchy or irratable, there's nothing worse than the kids maoning because the labels itchy, hubbys answer 'cut the f***ing label off then' maybe it's just me.....

No comments: