Sunday 13 January 2008

17th May

The journey jumps from 1991 to 2001 so rather than detail 10 years of my life I thought I would put the important points in bullet points;
  • meet the hubby Oct 1991
  • got job in General Accident Nov 1993 just until I found something else
  • bought a one bedroom flat together March 1995
  • got engaged 17th May 1995, my 23rd birthday
  • got married 17th May 1996, my 24th birthday
  • went into labour 17th May 1997 @ 6am, my 25th birthday and 1st wedding anniversary, felt compelled to tell every nurse who entered.
  • 1.08am 18th May 1997 bouncing baby boy finally entered the world, 12 days late
  • 1st maternity leave, General Accident becomes CGU, I return part-time evenings, until I find something else
  • July 1998 move to 3 bedroom house
  • 3.30am 1 Dec 1999 waters break and labour begins, get to hosp at 6am and beautiful baby girl arrives at 7.27am, 1 day early, didn't even get to the labour suite or get all my clothes off, delivered in the room they examine you in. I am proud to say no stitches for either birth.
  • Best friend delivered my Godson 7 weeks and 6 days later, she was not so fortunate on the stitches side. And I had told her it was a doddle only hours after having number 2, omitted to tell her it took me 11 months to get over number 1!!
  • 2nd maternity leave and CGU becomes Norwich Union, return part-time evenings, just until I find something else you understand
  • Hogmany 2001, best friend stays over as her hubby was working, trying to settle a 4 and a half year old, a 2 year old and a 23 month old godson in the early hours of the morning after several drinks took it's toll as my 2 year old refused to stay in any bed and I annoyingly shouted, don't have any more children, my best friend was already in that club and hadn't breathed a word, sat all night pouring her own drinks making us think she was drinking. She forgave me and I forgave her for not dealing with the children in her soberer state! Bouncing baby girl born 19 Sept 2002. Undamaged by the comments of her Aunty.
  • Finally left Norwich Union after 4 years full time and 7 years part-time

Doesn't sound much when you put it in bullet points, but it fills in the 10 year gap.

We like the 17th May, my daughter always feels left out in May as she has to wait until Dec for cards. This year is her first Holy Communion, in our area the Communions are always in June, but this year the date set is........Sat 17th May, would you believe it! We will be over run with cards this year.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it, but I think someone is looking down on your family.

Crystal xx

She's like the wind said...

Hi CJ, for years the communions have been alternated between 1st and 2nd Saturday in June and this year May! Fate right enough.

xx

Manic Mother Of Five said...

Like May - its a lovely month. Two of my tribe were born in May too. May the 4th be with you and all that!!!!!

She's like the wind said...

Hi MMOF, lets hope the sun shines on May 17th this year.

xx

Casdok said...

7 seems to feature a lot! Apprently its lucky, but i think you know that!!

She's like the wind said...

Hi Casdok, never thought of 7 being lucky more the 17th but funny you should mention it the hubbys birthday is on the 7th of August so we have 7's everywhere. Lucky us, must remember to put lotto tickets on every week!
xx