Friday 13 March 2009

I'm on the top of the world.

'Today I feel normal'

It's a strange saying but that is how I feel, normal, quite uplifted and happy, well not so much happy but content, at peace with the world. I get very few days like this, I very often have an underlying sadness which I've spoken about before and when it lifts I feel good.

Perhaps it's the change in the diet and the little bit of exercise. I haven't had a packet of crisps or a bit of chocolate since I tried on those bikinis and I have cut out my breakfast & supper toast and replaced it with cereal, with a sprinkle of sugar as I might murder someone without a little sugar in my diet. I know sugar is not something that should be taken while trying to improve ones figure but I know from experience it is the stodge that makes the belly.

I did 20 minutes on the Wii Fit this morning, 10 mins stepper and 3 minutes hula hooping and then I had a few games of the table tilt, couldn't resist and it's all in the aid of fitness, I love the Wii Fit. Couldn't face a wee jog on the spot after the hula, I used to be great at the hula but these love handles must be affecting my swivel. Thought I should vary the exercise daily and the good thing about the Wii Fit is being able to weigh yourself and I am lighter on the Wii Fit than I am on the house scales, but then it's not actually about weight on this occasion it's about being firmer and more toned and about others on holiday looking at me and saying 'Wow, I wish I was so toned and sexy and had those huge pert boobs and flat belly' and making heads turn..... and not having people thinking 'oh look she must be on a second marriage with older children and now she's having another' or 'bet that wasn't planned!'

Hope the motivation keeps up because I like it and the world is a brighter place when you are 'normal' I have held my head high, I have smiled at people and they have smiled back, I had a laugh with a man in the queue at the post office. Isn't it usually the case when we feel like this that something comes BANG and you're brought back down to earth.

5 comments:

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Hey well done on keeping up with the exercise. Ten minutes a day is enough to keep you motivated. Enjoy that feeling you get when you take control of things - that's why you're smiling more!

david mcmahon said...

Motivation is the key word.

Came here from Crystal Jigsaw.

She's like the wind said...

Hi Mob - didn't manage it this morning as an indirect result of the old firm game yesterday where a very drunk hubby and his pal came in at 10.40 and gibbered a load of sh**e for an hour before our pal left and he was sleeping safely on the couch so we slept in a bit this morning, but I still feel in control and I'm still smiling. xx

Hi David - nice to see you, motivation is certainly the key word and it's not so bad once you get started, didn't even give the hubby the silent treatment for coming in drunk after the football so he'll be pleased I'm motivated!!! x

Anonymous said...

That Wii Fit is fantastic - I love going on it and wish I was motivated to go on it more often! I think diet does have a lot to do with our moods.

CJ xx

She's like the wind said...

Hi CJ, the Wii fit is so brilliant, I love it and it's so easy to exercise and have fun at the same time. My mum always bangs on about diet and how she feels and I hate to admit it but she's right!