Thursday 12 March 2009

When are you due?

We went on holiday to Fuertaventura in June 2007 and we are returning in June 2009. Now in 2007 it had been 5 years since we had been abroad and we had to buy everything, holiday clothes, cases, swim wear, renew the passports - everything. I did not have one item of summer clothing, namely due to the fact I sell school uniforms and work all summer in a cool unit in jeans and a polo shirt. It was not cheap. I bought new white bras so that when the straps showed they would be pristine as there is nothing worse than a greyish bra on show, especially if you play these games in the hotel where the kids run back to the entertainer with items such as straws, shoes, socks, bras, I like my kids to win you understand!

Anyway I have this issue which costs me more money than most and that is my bra size, I am very thin under the bust, taking a 30" bra, however with that comes the hindrance of FF cups, I can't just nip to Asda and buy a bra at £5.00, my bra's have to be Clyde built and cost in the region of £20-£24, so you can imagine a couple of new bras not to mention the bikini which has to be under wired to stop my boobs from falling out underneath and you're spending a hundred pounds easily. So in 2007 I was like the poor relation and only had 2 bikini's with me compared to the then 7 year old who had about 5. So this year now that I have an array of summer clothes and only need to buy some new tops and of course kit out the growing kids, maybe some new shoes and then there's the case that will have to be replaced as it broke last time, anyway now that I have summer clothes I thought I would treat myself to a couple more bikinis and of course the white bras need replacing. I went to my favourite place...... eBay, where I can get Panache separates at competitive prices, so I ordered myself a fuchsia pink bikini, a jade and pink halter neck bikini and a tankini top with hidden bra, that matches the bottoms that I already have, sorted.

The bikini's arrived and I was excited to try them on, getting in the holiday spirit 3 months in advance. Well there is nothing like trying on a bikini to start you on a healthy eating and exercise regime! I have now and have always had a rather nice pregnant shaped belly, about 5 months I'd say and comes from eating far too much bread/wheat. When ever I shed my layers of winter clothing and wear a tight fitting top which shows off my voluptuous bust, clings to my thin torso and then bang, out sits this belly. When are you due, you're such a lovely shape? one very nice lady asked me. My response was polite but none the less embarrassing for the other party! And you know I am ok with strangers thinking I am pregnant because that's exactly the shape I am. However, after pulling out the full length mirror to have a look at myself in the new bikinis I realised I have also gone and gotten myself a pair of love handles, my daughter well she just laughed at the sight of her mother in a bikini and trailed with me to see what the hubby and 11 year old son thought, the hubby God bless him was just happy to see a bit of flesh and my son, he raised his eyebrows with a hint of 'Oh my God' in his eyes. I was then glad I bought the tankini at least it'll cover me up a bit, that's a laugh, took me and the 9 year old about 5 minutes to get me into it. I'm sot sure if you're all familiar with these but they have a mess lining which forms the fully under wired bra and have a bra style clip inside at the back for secure fastening, no chance of wobbling about in this baby. Being a 30" fit it's great but that's equivalent to about a size 6 and trying to get that over these knockers wasn't the easiest, we decided the best plan of action was to haul the bra bit down first, done and what a sight, turquoise mess covered massive mamma's, fastened the back, done and now all to do was get the rest of the top over the mamma's so with the daughter pulling down the back and me at the front we managed, being this tight should keep the belly in, POP not a chance just emphasized all the thin bits and made the belly even more pregnant pod shaped!

So in disgust with immediate effect I will not eat 7 slices of bread a day, all those cakes I have eaten on those lonely winter nights have definitely had an effect and must be stopped and then of course there's the chocolate, I don't drink, unless I'm going out which is rare at the moment, so the hubby will buy himself some beers and buy me chocolate to have with my nice cup of tea, oh no, no more, I will not let this belly take over my life. I am fit, I am healthy, I have a flat stomach that is going to be my positive mindset for the near future.

I only started yesterday and even managed 15 minutes on the Wii fit this morning before coming to work, 5 minutes step and 10 minutes jog on the spot, nearly passed out when I finished as I have done no physical exercise for months and months, obviously, think perhaps I might need to do some sit ups, or if you know of any other painless methods for achieving a flat stomach please do share with the groups

I may take some pictures!! If I can face it.

5 comments:

Expat mum said...

ONG - hilarious. Mind you, it's your own fault. What were you thinking - standing in front of the mirror. Just put it on and let everyone else suffer!

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

A journey of a thousand miles starts with just one step! 15 mins is good. I started yesterday thinking I would do ten and did an hour! Big up me why doncha! I too havelarge mamary glands. I hate them, they are much too big and so I am finally on a diet as my whole body is large after hitting the menopause. Good luck windy, and I'll watch your progress. Nice to see you back blogging again. You were missed.

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Oops, my spacing and spelling in that last comment is atrocious.

Sparx said...

Wow, 30" under the bust - you're slim! I have a prego belly too but it goes with love handles and much, much worse... I'm trying to cut down on everything fattening but I just can't seem to motivate myself. Good luck!

She's like the wind said...

Expat mum, what a fantastic idea, what a laugh you gave me.

MOB - go you, 1 hour! well done. Boobs are an absolute hindrance and now that they are sitting on my belly and you mean it gets worst after the menopause, God helps us all. Thank you for missing me, I've been too busy eating chocolate and growing love handles obviously and I forgive your spelling and spacing, I get ya xx

Sparx - unfortunately that seems to be the only slim bit!! At least your Spuds still little mine are 11 & 9 so can't use that as an excuse! xx