Saturday 25 August 2007

£150 poorer

It's Saturday, football morning, the night before football morning is always a bugger. 12 boys in the team which results in approx. 6 calls the night before to check on the arrangements, arrangements that have been confirmed to them on Thursday at training. The boys are 10 and 11, not 5, although 5 year olds might pay better attention.

It always rains on football Saturdays and as I'm at work today my poor daughter has to be at the sidelines, watched by any person who'll keep an eye on her as hubby is refereeing the game today. This morning she announced her wellies are too wee! so wet feet for her then as I'm not Mystic Meg.

I am not complaining at being at work today. I normally close on a Saturday as the weather gets colder as all business's I deal with work Monday to Friday and to save my poor daughter the boredom of watching football. I have so much embroidery to do that I am quite happy to be here when it's quieter and get on with it. I have had a steady stream of customers, repeat and new, if I can keep this up I am sure to really take off. Just coming into my 4th year it has often been hard but I am getting there slowly but surely. I have until now not advertised for fear of being unable to cope, however, I am ready! I have also learned I can say NO, I used to say Yes to everything, but now I'm a little more picky about what I do.

The hubby has just called to check how much I am charging the next door neighbour for the bouncy castle this afternoon. A bouncy castle in the drizzle, hopefully it will dry up or my poor children will be soaked...again! I asked how the boys got on - the response 'shite' so that was the end of that conversation.

Lost my trail of thought I was actually going to talk about the £150 I had to pay the ugly couple this morning. I nearly forgot, we were supposed to go and pay the garage directly this morning, but as I went into the local Co-op car park, they drove in in front of me, this reminded me! Luckily I had £150 (of business money) in my bag. So I parked and met them grining as if enjoying the moment of handing over £150! They accepted the money gratefully and went on their way. I am sorry my daughter damaged their car and I do accept the responsible thing to do was to pay for the damage and not pretend it hadn't happened, teaching my child we have to take responsibility for our actions, but I am sick £150! an unemployed husband, no pressure on me then. Heres hoping the insurance company pay out.

2 comments:

Frog in the Field said...

Oh God, poor thing.
I would have had a fit.
My husband filled my car up with petrol instead of diesel and then refused to get the car from the repair garage because he'd shouted at the manager. (He shouted something along the lines of 'do you think I'm bloody stupid? Of course iI know the difference between petrol and diesel'). So I had to go and pick it up, and pay the bill, oh and refill the tank..£265 later, I was really gutted about it.

She's like the wind said...

Hi Frog, men eh! £265 for a mistake, that I would have been furious at. We have had a diesel car for nearly 3 years and I still check I'm putting the right thing in - it does also say DIESEL when you open the flap - just in case.

I couldn't be angry with my daughter as she really was upset and a bit hurt, I had to drop in a few sarcastic 'well santa won't be coming this year' but then decided that was rather cruel.

Going to chase the insurance company up, now you've reminded me.