Tuesday 21 August 2007

Clean up....

Still my machine trundles on embroidering school polo shirts and sweatshirts and fleeces and jackets. I am happy to say I have lots of work to do and can see a definite pattern in my return customers.

I thought I would have been all finished with the school wear but am happy that some customers, particularly the 'first time at school mums' realise they are a polo shirt or a sweatshirt short. Of course had they come to me initially instead of going to big stores like M&S or BHS I would have been able to recommend and advise and save them money into the bargain. A new P1 child does not require 5 pinafores or 5 pairs of trousers etc etc. It's all part of the service!

I have cleaned, well actually I am in the middle of cleaning the unit, but thought I'd stop for a bit of blogging! I like to shuffle everything about after the summer rush, this also allows a stock take and then I can update my neglected ebay site with the stock I have left. That's my next job, which was planned for Wednesday but due to embroidery requirements I will be back in the unit on my day off. There really is no day off when you are self employed. It's taken 3 and a half years to come to this realisation. God I'm quick! I could of course update ebay while I'm in the unit but I find my concentration wanders, I prefer my nice warm conservatory, near the kettle and the biscuit tin. Did I ever tell you how cold the unit is? it'll soon be time for the thermals, no joke, vest, long johns and socks. Every mans dream.......

No comments: